Use patterns to draw a map
- Find the map template you need
- Enter the name in the search box, or click on a label or any place on the map.
- Select the map region.
- Select the "Outline" template, then choose a projection.
- Prepare your design
- Resize the map work canvas and the viewport, re-position it on the canvas.
- Enable basic styles and set canvas background color.
- You don't need to set a default color for divisions /map shapes/.
- Choose a library pattern.
- ...or upload your own image.
- Library patterns
- SVG shapes, though they cannot be customized.
- ...or pick an image pattern.
- Change the pattern
- Preview your pattern map design.
- Upload your own image pattern.
Please make sure you are not using an image that is copyrighted and you haven't purchased a license to use it.
- Finalize your design
- You might want to change the canvas color.
- Or you might want to enable the outlines.
- Style the outlines /shorelines/ stroke.
Here is a demo you can check out...