- Find the map template you need
- Enter the name in the search box, or click on a label or any place on the map.
- Select the map region.
- Select the "Outline" template, then choose a projection.
- Prepare your design
- Resize the map work canvas and re-position the map viewport on the canvas.
- Enable basic styles and set canvas background color.
- Set a default color for divisions /map shapes/.
- You might want to use a background map, instead.
- Choose a background map
- Plain Maps Satellite, Political or MapQuest raster maps are only available for Mercator projections.
- Outline maps are available for all projections.
Low scale maps are faster to download, but might not be suitable for maps covering a smaller earth area.
If you are using a raster background map, you might want to set a complete transparency for your map work shapes color...
- Placing images on your map work
- Select the image control to have the inline menu displayed.
Drag this circle marker to move the image around.
- Drag this marker to resize the image.
- Click this "Image" link to display the upload dialog.
- Placing more images or shapes on your map work
- Display the toolbox dialog.
- Pick an image control then click two points on the map, where you want to place it.
- The inline menu for images. Click this "Image" link to display the upload dialog.
- Drag these markers to move or resize the image.
Here is a public map you can check out...